Location: Greenbush (Onsite)
Reports to: Director, Operations
Number of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule (may change based on business needs): 8-5pm
As Manager, Quality Control you will develop the quality management strategy for the company and lead and oversee all steps related to quality control as part that strategy. You and your team will focus on detection of mistakes and defects in manufacturing products, analyzing the results, and giving feedback and guidance to the production team. Your team will help to ensure and assist in determining if materials, product, and/or processes are in accordance with specifications, best production practices and product quality standards. You will be responsible for developing procedures and tests to identify any irregularities and error in the output. You will serve as a member of the Operations management leadership team and must contribute to achieving production & sales objectives. You will also serve as a coach to team members and assist in the development and evaluation of your direct reports.
Must be able to…
- Quality Leadership & Oversight – Quality Management System
- Responsible for designing, creating, and implementing a quality system that ensures internal and external levels of quality by focusing on both the process and the products.
- Regularly reviews and revises the quality control system to improve and refine procedures and processes.
- Responsible for making sure employees understand the procedures and processes that have been put into place, through training, providing information and informal and formal audits.
- Reviews all engineering change orders and part revisions to ensure that any changed quality requirements can be and are communicated.
- QMS health monitored through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and internal audits.
- Customer and Vendor Contact on Quality Issues
- Works with customers in obtaining, explaining, and confirming technical information pertaining to quality issues.
- Initiates regular contact with quality representatives to maintain communication flow.
- Quality Engineering – Process and Technical Support:
- Provide effective quality engineering support in all aspects of manufacturing, process validation and improvement.
- Responsible for responding to quality questions and concerns from, and providing quality engineering guidance to, technical and process personnel.
- Calibration, Certification and Compliance
- Work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure compliance to all applicable calibration, certification, and compliance standards. Serve as the Management Representative for Central Boiler Companies, to include scheduling and facilitation of annual internal and external audits.
- Lead internal Management Review meetings and report out.
- General Responsibilities
- Provide direct supervision to the quality functions including general work direction of both salaried and hourly employees.
- Develop objectives, measures, and complete performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Hands on coaching and mentoring of direct reports to promote individual and team growth.
- Keeps Director informed of known actions written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect the Company operations.
Other typical tasks may also include…
- Support New Product Development projects
- Monitor production and field service issues to prioritize quality initiatives
- Maintain metrics and reporting of overall quality objective and goals.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant work experience
- 7+ years’ of progressive experience in quality control operations in manufacturing industry
- 3+ years of related leadership experience in a production facility; managing teams of 5+ employees.
- Superior team leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact across all levels of the organization, while accomplish organizational goals
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong capability to analyze highly technical problems and come up with viable solutions
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to coach and motivate employees; creating an environment that fosters continuous improvement and teamwork
- Strong working knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Ability to work in fast paced JIT (just-in-time) manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated expertise in process management to ensure production efficiency
- Relentless determination and courage to make things happen; strong execution skills; results-oriented
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
- Established courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific planning goals
- Knowledge and experience with core Quality tools; FMEA, 8D Corrective Actions, Root Cause Analysis, Capability Studies, MSAs, Process Mapping, 5-Why, DMAIC, PDCA, PPAP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to travel to multiple facility locations (e.g. Red Lake Falls, Greenbush)
Physical Requirements such as below:
- Physical requirements include: sitting, squatting, walking, reaching out to arm’s length, reaching over-head, lifting between 50 – 100 pounds and reading
- Generally spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse and screen
- Generally spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands, head, and other parts of your body
Preferred Qualifications/Selection Criteria:
- Manufacturing Engineer Certification, Production Technician Certification, Quality Engineer Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certified
- Project Management Certified
- Formal QA/QC training and certification