Location: Greenbush (Onsite)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Number of Positions: 1
Position Type: Full-Time
Schedule (May change based on business needs): 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
As Production Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day activities of maintaining the plant facility operations, including safety policies, personnel, housekeeping, maintenance, production activities, customer requirements, planning and scheduling. You will serve as a member of the management leadership team and must contribute to achieving production & sales objectives. You will also serve as a coach to team members and assist in the development and evaluation of direct reports.
Must be able to:
- Manage daily operations to ensure daily productivity goals are met.
- Oversee and monitor daily employee performance.
- Recruiting, Hiring, Resignations, Terminations and Managing direct and indirect reports.
- Drive a culture of accountability and ownership
- Identify barriers and bottlenecks to drive improvement.
- Conduct continuous improvement efforts to maximize efficiency, improve quality and reduce cost/waste.
- Conduct daily meetings, one on ones and address performance gaps on a daily basis.
- Provide ongoing training, coaching and development.
- Communicate across various departments and at all levels within an organization.
- Develop and drive open/honest dialogue and involvement with all team members that demonstrate the value of their input and engagement in improving communication and performance.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment to enforce necessary compliance and protocols.
- Provide written reporting to management on shop production status against due dates.
- Engage with Engineering on new product development to make the final components manufacturable in a reasonable time frame and cost.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (8D, 5 Why’s, etc)
- Define and establish the tools and processes necessary to measure OTD and Quality metrics within the ERP environment from the ground up. Work with program management and ME’s to develop a demand-driven production schedule
- Work with Operations and Engineering teams to develop streamlined processes and tools to support high rate production and fast responses
- Coordinating and working with Contractors, Vendors and Business Partners to achieve goals
- Produce daily and monthly metrics/KPI’s relative to Safety, Quality, Equipment, Productivity and Cost
- General Responsibilities
- Provide direct leadership & management to the quality functions including general work direction of both salaried and hourly employees.
- Develop objectives, measures, and complete performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Hands-on coaching and mentoring of direct reports to promote individual and team growth.
- Establishes and maintains a program to train and improve technical skills of shop personnel promoting career development while simultaneously reducing single points of failure in shop processes/operations.
- Ensures team members work in a safe environment and comply with all company safety policies.
- Keeps the Director of Operations informed daily of operational efficiencies and potential problems which may affect the ability to successfully perform assignments or adversely affect the Company operations.
Other typical tasks may include…
- Make vs buy calculations
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or 7+ years’ of progressive experience in the manufacturing industry
- 3+ years of related leadership experience in a production facility; managing teams of 10+ employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Proven record in training employees about safety and production
- Strong working knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Ability to coach and motivate employees; creating an environment that fosters continuous improvement and teamwork
- Demonstrated mechanical acumen
- Proven experience using scheduling software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced JIT (just-in-time) manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated expertise in process management to ensure production efficiency
- Relentless determination and courage to make things happen; strong execution skills; results-oriented
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands, processes, and updated information
- Demonstrated understanding of quality processes and continuous improvement, such as Six Sigma certification
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact across all levels of the organization, while accomplishing organizational goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital management (P&L and capital budgets) and analyzing financial data
- Established courses of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific planning goals
Physical Requirements such as below:
- Physical requirements include: sitting, squatting, walking, reaching out to arm’s length, reaching over-head, lifting between 50 – 100 pounds and reading
- Generally spend the workday sitting at a workstation and operating computer devices, such as, but not limited to keyboard, mouse and screen
- Generally spend the workday performing repetitive motions that involve or affect the hands, head, and other parts of your body