Melt Away Winter
SnowMelt™ keeps walkways, driveways, shipping bays, parking lots and even airport runways clear of snow and ice with a mixture of water and glycol moving through pipes. It provides affordable safety and durable longevity.
Features & Benefits
- Affordable: depending on the project, cost per square foot runs about $8 (US) and up
- Variety of control systems, from semi-automatic to fully automatic
- Optional fully automatic control package for totally clear surfaces
SnowMelt can be installed in sand and interlocking bricks, closed cell-high density base insulation and concrete, asphalt and flagstone. Easy installation with proven cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) piping.
- Boiler capacity or space for a boiler with enough capacity for snow melting
- Type of system
- Manual on/off system is less expensive, but requires maintenance and a warm-up period before the snow melts
- Semi-automatic system turns itself on and off automatically and keeps the area at a set temperature regardless of the snow or ice presence
- Fully automatic system always runs and can detect the presence of snow and ice at a significant investment